Wednesday, August 17, 2005

OK! XP me

Randomized!: Don't XP me

OK, ok. I admit my apprehensions with XP is just a result of not knowing it completely. My apprehensions are further fueled by proprietary methodology-driven culture that I have been accustomed of through these years. Yes, we are adopting some form of agile-like methodology. It really ain't XP at all. Not following XP in all its entirety will not entitle anybody the bragging rights that they are using XP. Also, not following XP at all aspect can lead to a misconception. Is XP Broken? Yes, from my point of view. No, from the point of view of true and succesful practitioners. Hopefully, I can spur change in my company. But the culture change is a very steep hill to climb. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm also not very familar with XP, and learning the UP now. I feel UP is too complexity to follow meanwhile XP is too simple. I don't know whether XP can provide any reuse, because there's not design at all.