Tuesday, June 28, 2005

All Play No Work

I envy those guys that who are employees of either Google, Apache Foundation or OSDL (Open Source Development Lab). Those guys does not know what work means. All they do 24x7 is to play, play and yet another round of playing. Why I chose these organizations as dream employers: Google, this company pays ridiculously high, with many personal benefit and an in-house SPA and massage. Apache Foundation, whoah!, this is open source java all day, all the time. OSDL, another open source org but on the basis of pushing Linux in the limelight. What do these dev-players get? Tons of self satisfaction by getting paid for what they are happy with.

Me.., I work in an SME, closed source environment. Of course, the product is inferior to those of the dream houses that I just mentioned. But hei, I still get to do some java on a Linux rig... Not too bad =)

No comments: