Thursday, June 23, 2005

My One Cent Java Framework

I have been itching my hands to design and develop a new java application framework from scratch similar to the likes of SpringFramework or to my company's proprietary FW. The only ingredient left is time. I have scribbled a high-level view. This might evolve as I go along. Only, if I have time...



I'll try to be as minimal as possible. The main influence in the design is a Unix Micro Kernel. In this, all components are essentially independent. Communication between the components, rather than through IPC, will be through common interfaces.

My guiding rules are the Unix development rules (otherwise known as Keep It Simple Stupid paradigm):
1. Develop small programs that work
2. Then, develop programs that binds the smaller programs
3. Last, develop the user interface

I'll probably start off with the configuration framework, then persistence, then the basic dispatcher... wish me luck.

No comments: