Saturday, June 25, 2005

Leader of the Band

Being a team lead, moreso, a de-facto senior among team leads, or a fascade-to-the-manager is really a good thing but will cause your hair to lose some melanocites and skin to lose some keratin. One thing I have experienced as The Framework Team Leader is that all blame, praise, problems, and further requirements fall into me. All errors, without even blinking an eye, will point to the Framework. Why? Spoonfed developers does not know how to stand by themselves anymore. Somehow, their methodologies seem so sluggish, disorganized and ineffective. Can't blame these people. They are definitely not me. They are definitely not like the few people I know I can trust and depend when the CRUNCH comes along.

As the team lead, I get to represent a bunch of people. As the team lead, all my member's errors are my personal errors. As the team lead, all my team's success are theirs. Like a weary soldier or a faithful priest, I am just here to serve.

Though I am letting out my angst against my fellow developers, I am not making a sweeping statement. There are still good things in this world. For that matter, there are still good developers. Responsible developers. Responsible team leads. Still some people to rely to.

*Hufff* It is really tiring. When can I ever have my genuine rest and recreation...? Perhaps, soon, perhaps, later.

No comments: