Thursday, July 28, 2005

Choose your weapons!

Every developer has his own specialization. Every developer is proficient in one or more programming/scripting languages that he either chooses or was imposed upon by the company he works for. For me, here's my weapons. Go ahead chief. Arrest me for possesion of these weapons.


  • Java - to program anything I want

  • C - to program anything Java can't

  • SQL - to access RDBMSes

  • XML - for multi-purpose portable data or content



What?!? No HTML? No JavaScript? Nah, I am, and always been. a command-line, server-centric guy. I don't like GUIs. I don't like rich/thin clients. I don't like KDE (no flames, peace!). And of course, no Visual-* or *.Net, you know why...

2 comments:

Richard said...

I'd like to add bash script... can't live without bash

Anonymous said...

Nice weapons :-) Nice to see a Pinoy very much into Java... I do not program with C these days but over the past year I've added HTML, Javascript, and CSS (with a little dash of graphic design too) to my "weaponry". It amazing how a little knowledge of typography can do to users.

And of course NO Visual or .Net too :-)