Thursday, July 14, 2005

PLM is Back Online!

PLM is in cyberspace again.



It has been quite a while (years, I guess) since I last saw the amateurish PLM web site. You might me asking what PLM is. Well, PLM stands for Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (or, as I usually write it in any application form outside the Philippines, The University of the City of Manila). This is were I graduated. This is were I obtained by Bachelors Degree (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science). PLM is one of the State Universities. But even if this institution is a state U, it is wholly funded by the City of Manila, alone. I am not sure of the current quality of education in PLM. I am wondering only for Computer Science. Back in the pre-internet days, even if technology in PLM was not that high, I knew comsci students were at least intellectually at par (or better) with contemporaries from other universities. I can be very proud not of myself, but of my school. In a resource and fund-challenged university, it is a feat to produce quality graduates. What PLM lack in facilities, it compensates with its culture of excellence. Truly, a class on its own. With the myriad of technologies that abound the industry nowadays, I just hope that the students still get quality education and/or at-par recognition when they eventually graduate.

As for my student years, I belonged to the College of Engineering and Technology. CET rocks!

PLM's website is at http://www.plm.edu.ph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

at least they now have a .edu, i recall they had a geocities, wow! hehehe