Saturday, July 02, 2005

I Have A New Toy

I just installed Eclipse 3.1. What a breeze. The time it took me to install was 10 times faster that the time it took me to download.

I am really excited in trying out the new features in this IDE. So much for the NetBeans 4.1 crap. Now let me see... I have JDK 5, I have Eclipse 3.1. I have a java source to work with. What else... ahh! I am still using FC3. Anyways, this post is not about Fedora.

The cool stuff about Eclipse 3.1 is speed. All about speed. Since I mix up between CLI activity and GUI IDE activity, my old Eclipse 3 was just as handy. But with hundreds of codes that I work with, auto-compilation grinds to a standstill when I refresh or even introduce a new java source.

Let me see later whether VE (visual editor) is already up to the task. I dropped using this in favor of NetBeans because VE is a crap. *sigh* If only I could extract the GUI builder part of NetBeans and make it as a stand-alone kick-start utility, then I would the best utilities a java developer can ask for.

My new toy:

No comments: