Saturday, July 02, 2005

luke.showMyWorkplace()

I had a sudden urge to blog about my workplace. This is the place where I get happy. This is the place where I get mad. This is the place where I get frustrated. This is the place where I also get hope.

I brought spidey with me (my IBM X23 laptop) today. With spidey, I can do everything I want anywhere I am. In my workplace, I work on two desktop machines (oh, so that explains the two keyboards and two mice). One is windows machine on a P4 whitebox. The other is my favorite, my linux machine on a Sun box (AMD64). Originally, it came with Solaris 10 but I had to undo the settings and install my own Fedora, oh yes, the much famous Fedora Core 3. Not on the picture is an HP-UX-based blade server that my team manages.

Also in my workplace, you can find my ultra mini fan. This little giant keeps me cool (literally and figuratively). Also, I have my switchbox. I definitely go through a lot of mis-types and mis-commands on the wrong machine without my switchbox. Normally, I would just operate my Windoze machine through VNC. Clever huh!

In my workplace, I have my old-school calendar. I don't really rely on electronic ones.

In my workplace, I am one who tags his own chair. I tagged my chair with a neon-yellow plastic string of some sort. I really don't know what it is called. This is the stuff that when you "tie" it, it can never be untied. I've seen these being used as "handcuffs" to war-on-terrorism detainees. Why do I tag my chair? Because this is the only chair that fits perfectly to my back.

Not in the picture is the gamut of books that I use in my carreer. Not in the picture is, of course, me. I'm the one who took the shot.

And as always, I don't go to my workplace without my magic parker pen and my magic spectacles. Without these, I'll surely ruin my day one way or another.

Here's my workplace:

No comments: